Our Written Guarantee
It is impossible to state that any given dog will be completely free of genetic imperfections. In our breeding program, we only breed dogs that are certified to have either Good or Excellent Certified Hips that show no signs of Hip Dysplasia or Elbow Dysplasia as evaluated by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Inc. (OFA) or Ontario Veterinary College (OVC).
We test for these genetic defect: Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM), Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC), Canine Degenerative Myelopathy (DM), Hereditary Nasal Parakeratosis (HNPK), Cystinuria, Hyperuricosuria, Dilute Coat DNA Test (no dilute genes), Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA). We also require all dogs in our breeding program to have an eye exam by a Certified Ophthalmologist showing they are free of Inherited Eye Problems on an annual basis. We breed only when we are satisfied that the dogs have perfect temperaments and are genetically sound. We feel that by adhering to these high standards we are cutting down the odds of producing a defective pup. Therefore, we offer this guarantee provided the purchaser complies with this agreement.
Our guarantee covers the following inherited conditions:
We guarantee this dog to have normal hips and elbows (that show no signs of Hip or Elbow Dysplasia) as evaluated by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Inc. or Penn Hip. Hips and/or elbows must be x-rayed at the age of two years (24 months) of age.
If there is a problem, the following must be done:
1) A copy of the finding from O.F.A. or Penn Hip and or a copy of the findings from their certified Ophthalmologist must be sent to us for our records.
2) The dog must not have been bred.
3) Our kennel name NESS LAKE RETRIEVERS must appear on the CKC Registration papers.
4) Guarantee is void if the dog has been sold to another buyer.
5) The dog must not have been involved in any jogging, biking, repeated prolonged training, play or other activity that could damage the joints while the pup is in it growth stage. The dog must not have been on a diet of low quality food or had its health compromised due to neglect by the owners. Blood work will be required for evaluation of health and health records from your veterinarian be provided to the Veterinarian of our choice.
6) We reserved the right to have a second opinion by a Veterinarian of our choice to confirm any findings. At this point, when we are satisfied that a problem does exist, and all the conditions above have been met, we will refund the full purchase price of the pup as indicated on your Puppy Contract, we do not require the return of your dog. The dog must be neutered/spay before refund. All transportation expenses will be assumed by the buyer.
This guarantee applies to the original buyer of this noted dog.